Web development is into two major components. One is the front end, and the other is back end development.
Front-end, what the user looks. That is front-end development meant for clients to handle and manage their website. Front must handle activities like adding proper content, buttons, texts, media forms and the overall behavior of the web page components which appear for the user.
While we look into the back-end development, which involves everything that happens from the server-side.
From logical processes to manipulations of data from the client-side storage, along with retrieval of these data to-and-from the database.
For this process, developers use modern methods to build scalable apps.
With the growing technologies and emergence of new methodologies, the development idea also changes and what we use today is a whole different strategy.
Nowadays developers are using the stack to build the front end and the back end of the software. Full-Stack development and MEAN Stack development are the two most popular development Stack which is used mostly for both front and back end.
First, let us have a look at what does the term stack apparently means before briefing into what these kinds of the stack.
Well, we can say any combination of programming languages and technologies is a Stack. A combination of software products that are used for developing both the front-end back-end of the web application.
Technically, we can say there are two types of development stacks:
Technology stack & an application stack.
Technology stack for the software development process. The application stack is a set of application programs that help in performing a certain task.
The stack helps in developing real-time software while ignoring the meshes faced when developers use standalone technologies.
Let start with getting to know what Full-stack and MEAN-Stack development and how they benefit you when you have them in your kitty.
The software comprises different elements as a developer you need to develop each element to building software as a full-fledged working one.
From the front end development to the back end, the mobile application to the database software development is a combination of separate modules, each with its specific requirements in solving the real-time problem.
In past decades, you need to find and hire individual experts for each segment.
It is like having a separate problem solver, front-end developer, a back-end coder, maintenance person, application developer, etc.
With high competition and rising needs, it needs a single developer to solve all the problems and manage the software development process to deliver an effective product that can compete in the market.
A developer capable of handling processes enjoys creating an entire application, both the front end and the back end, along with database management.
Here where the full-stack development comes to exist in the world.
There are many benefits considering from the viewpoint of organizations they need to hire less and get more work done.
With a single developer working on a project from scratch, building the application with high quality, companies reduce the cost of hiring and improving the quality of development.
If you want to know in Detail about full-stack development, then have a look at our blog, All About Full Stack Development.
* A developer can quickly switch between the front-end application and the back-end framework based on the project requirements. It can prevent time slip between raising an issue and solving it when it occurs on either side.
* Any can easily view the application module as a single unit of work phase when needed.
* Cut off the cost of choosing separate developers for the front end and back end development instead, you can hire a single full stack developer.
* An individual owns the design and code implementation which can simplify the deployment process and stress.
* The overall project development can be enhanced in every aspect with the help of embed tools and technologies which are handled by single full-stack developers.
* If a developer knows the Cross-domain compatibility, this will make the project work more flexibly.
* In full-stack development, it is easy to work on the root of the problem rather than concentrating simply on finding a solution
A full-stack developer is who is comfortable with the front-end or a back-end developer who can hold their own on the client-side.
Here’s what you can expect to see in a full-stack developer’s skillset:
* Alternatively, even some JS-based building tools like Grunt, Gulp, and Bower
* Must have prior knowledge of Libraries like JQuery or Backbone.js
* Need to know about Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
* Understand and expert of API design and development
* Some databases basics like CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete)
* Must have specialized in working with RESTful Services
* Familiar with Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
* Know to work with Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
* Must know of the Frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like Express.js, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, etc. to handle the back-end process.
Once you understand the difference between mean stack developers and full-stack developers you can easily discover how this technology plays a major role in developing web applications.
Going to hire a Full-stack developer for your next web application development before hiring them to know what are 6 essential quality that a full-developer must possess to work in your project.
The MEAN stack is a modified version of the full stack.
In mean stack development, developers can use Java-based technologies and frameworks for the development of web- or mobile-based apps.
The four important technologies which are used by a mean stack developer to get a software developed done are comprised of:
* Express JS
Using MEAN stack, you can develop a basic website or a complex user-specific dynamic website.
Mean stack technology is used in developing most of the responsive web pages
Even Mean stack support open-source web development and also considered as the fastest-growing framework. It helps the developers with new and innovative tools and technologies that enable better and quicker software development and diminish the system administration maintenance time. Here are technologies used in MEAM Stack development and consider as a MEAN technological Stack
* Express (Express.js): This allows running of the Back-end web application framework over the Node.js layer
As we know there is much difference between mean stack and full-stack in that technology is major one these both differ a lot.
Here are some benefits of using the mean stack as the development tool for your next web application.
* With Mean stack, it is easy to transfer one code which is written in a particular framework to another framework. It provides the function of isomorphic coding. By using this, anyone can simply leverage their development phase.
* Another benefit is that it allows an effortless and quick cloud integration for any web application. You can test the application on the cloud as soon as the application is developed by the developers.
* Mean stack expert developers are cabal e of take care of the entire process of development. This will minimize the hire of individual developers, which results in the less is cost to the company.
* As you know, Node.js is both fast and also ascendable owing to the architecture of non-blocking add an advantage in the development of the real-time application. Angular is an open-source which enables testability, maintenance, and reusability in a simple step.
Still not clear about MEAN Stack Development, then read our blog Is MEAN Stack is the best technological stack for Web Application Development? to conclude about MEAN Stack development.
Here are some skills set to look for when you hire MEAN stack developers.
Proficiency in both Front end and backend processes.
Strong Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Involved in Web development, integration and cloud technologies.
Prior knowledge of Database & Design architecture.
Knowledge in SDLC and Agile environment
Let now proceed on the difference between mean stack and full stack in detail.
As you know, Full Stack is not an acronym for any web technology or development language. In the meantime, MEAN stack is a combination of 4 core technologies–MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js.
Let us know encounter what are differences between the full stack and mean stack development frameworks.
First, look at how these two are different in technological adaptation for the different process:
Commonly web designers will use a responsive web design for developing websites that support multiple devices like desktop, tablets and mobile devices with a single code base.
Furthermore, in MEAN stack developers are widely facilitated to use Angular a front end development framework.
Full-stack enables developers to take the benefit of anyone of the robust server-side programming languages like Java, Python, PHP, Ruby, and C#.
As stated above in MEAN Stack, there is only a single database–Mongo DB. As you know Mongo DB is one of the non-rational databases which does not store records in tables instead it creates documents for each record.
Due to its scalability and security, it provides over rational database web developers in recent times prefer MongoDB.
In the Full-stack web development, developers are allowed to work with an array of relational and non-relational databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
MEAN stack consists of both front ends and back-end web frameworks. Anyone can easily learn client-side web development by leveraging Angular.js and server-side development by leveraging Node.js and Express.js.
On the contrary, the full-stack development approach enables developers to work with the varied front end and back-end web frameworks. You can choose from a wide range of full-stack web frameworks according to their choice of programming language and precise project needs.
MEAN Stack Developers
Full Stack is related to the developer.
Mean Stack is an acronym for web presentation and mostly used in application development.
Full-stack developers can deal with both front end and back end development.
Mean Stack c provides multiple benefits for full-flagged app development.
A Full stack developer will not often work over on Java-script and NodeJS related technologies. In case of need, they will work on these technologies.
On the other hand, Mean Stack developers are experts in working with Java-script and NodeJS related technologies.
A Full stack developer will be preferred in Medium to large scale projects.
Mean stack developers can work on any smaller to the medium scale project.
The full-stack developer has a fabulous feature and More Over Full-stack Developer has more demand and more growth nowadays.
In the meantime, MEAN stack does not use robust server-side programming language and where full-stack web development framework uses robust server-side programming language.
Infinijith offers both Full-stack and MEAN stack development to build an effective web application. You can hire full-stack developers who are experts in developing a responsive web application.