Node.js was introduced in 2009 for building scalable server-side web applications.
It offers numerous benefits like not limited to the usage of event-driven non-blocking input/output model, single-threaded asynchronous programming amongst others.
In this blog you can learn about 15 Best Node.js frameworks that are best suited for real-time application development.
It runs on various platforms which is a free and open-source framework.Node.js is stimulated by the Linux Foundation’s Collaborative Projects program. It supports multiple platforms like Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows and more.
Node.js is a wrapper around virtual machines like V8of Google executes with built-in modules and easy to use asynchronous API.
And moreover, Node.js is easy to learn and get started.
* Node.Js frameworks are known for their speed, knowledge, and productivity.
* Node.Js allows you to write the same code for both the front-end and back-end languages with saving you from learning other codes and time.
* It allows you to maintain the same coding pattern throughout the front-end and back-end.
* It has tools and recommended practices that help in saving your lot of time.
Let Now see what are top 15 Node.js framework in 2020.
Express.Js is the most popular framework and first choice of the developers.
Express.js know for its fast, unopinionated, and minimalist framework.
It helps in setting up and configure routes. This intern used as a tool for sending and receiving requests between the front-end and the database of an app.
You can develop both web and mobile applications.
It supports different template engines, so developers aren't forced into any specific ORM.
* With the help of Express.Js, anyone can easily plot both single and multi-page, along with different web applications.
* It works as seamless architectural patterns for creating eccentric applications.
* You can render large HTML pages dynamically, Express.Js also allows you to respond to HTTP requests by setting up middlewares.
* Express.Js is actually a routing table, i.e., a set of routing libraries. These sets of libraries perform a variety of web actions based on HTTP methods.
* This framework also comes with a multiple view support system. Users are impressed with the speedy I/O and it is robust API making routines easier and faster.
Fundamentals NodeJs Frameworks is Meteor.Js.
It is a full-stack framework of Node.js that can be used to build real-time applications.
It sends data over the wire, instead of HTML
* You are allowed to share the same APIs on the server-side and client-side components.
* Meteor.Js is lightweight architecture with a few lines of codes.
* In Meteor.Js, developers can reuse the codes on several devices. The implementation of regular updates is easier with Meteor.Js due to this feature.
* Meteor.Js gives you the liberty to use any other platform at an occurrence.
* Many pre-written modules come with Meteor.Js. The Meteor.Js community is always there with useful tutorials, packages, documentation in the need
Koa is used many for developing a cross-platform server-side runtime environment application.
It comes with an array of objects related to middleware functions.
It executes those middleware objects in a stacked manner upon request making it easier for web developers. This makes to build and build fast and scalable network applications.
It makes the middleware writing process easy by providing improved interoperability and robustness.
This framework accelerates the development of custom web applications and API of the application.
* If you are going to develop a more customized application then Koa is the right choice. In this, you are allowed to build applications from scratch and developers can add features that they need only.
* It makes error handling system better by limits the use of callbacks.
* Since its Middleware is not a bundle any pattern which makes server writing with Koa faster.
* Features Freshness of cache, content negotiation and proxy-support help you to develop useful strategy.
* You can manage the code neatly with a syn/await keyword.
The framework that adopts convention over configuration principle is Sails.js framework.
It is also a model–view–controller(MVC) framework. With the help of MVC it allows building single-page apps, REST APIs, and real-time apps.
It allows building applications with less writing of code with code generators. This framework is built on top of Socket.io.
With the help of this, it allows us to build an application with real-time, bidirectional, event-based communication.
* With Sails.Js you can use almost any database. With help of ORM (Object Rational Mapping) solution it allows connecting users with any database.
* Sails.Js framework is highly compatible with most of the front-end platforms. Developers can develop any applications using this framework.
* What's more is Sails.Js supports Socket.io by default making it one of the best selections for different social media applications, chat tools, and many others.
* Sails.Js offers flawless transitions as it has the same MVC structure as many other quality frameworks.
* Sails.Js handles HTTP requests by using Express.Js. Hence, it ensures the same quality and better performance.
It is released by Eran Hammer at Walmart. For developing JSON API, this is the best choice since the powerful and robust open-source framework.
Most of Application programming interface (API) servers, websites, and HTTP proxy applications are built with hapi.js.
It facilities developers with features like input validation, implement caching,configuration-based functionality and error handling. Hapi is used for building large-scale websites that are the most useful applications and providing technology solutions.
* Hapi offers Code reusability so function developed in this application can be reused in other application.
* No external dependencies so it takes less time in executing.
* Security for application, it is used in developing a highly secured application.
* Hapi uses Integrated Architecture: which makes the authorization and authentication available in a node framework.
* Hapi.Js is fast and smart in Fixing bugs and adding new features through a powerful plugin network.
* Hapi.Js is allowed to the users to use it with MySQL, MongoDB, and Postgres to create potential and static websites.
* To build HTTP proxy applications, Hapi.Js can help users by forwarding requests from its main API to other sources.
* Hapi.Js comes with a plugin – nes that help in real-time chat applications and other social apps development.
Derby.Js is an open-source framework. and use MVC structure, it is also a full-stack NodeJs Web Framework. Derby.Js is considered ideal for developing real-time collective applications.
For build quality web and mobile applications, you can use Derby.Js. Real-time concurrency, developing multi-websites and data sync is possible with this framework.
* With the help of data synchronization, this framework allows synchronization of data-time between browsers, servers, and application databases seamlessly.
* Quick self-regulating timing and real-time concurrency offered by Derby.Js allow users to enjoy the benefits of multi-users in the same applications with a variety of editing options.
* Derby.Js ensures bi-directional script development. It lets users work with both client-side and server-side script components.
* Using Derby.Js, developers can easily add customized codes and build real-time and effective custom-made websites.
* Derby.Js automatically resolves the conflict that is directed by ShareDB. ShareDB implements the use of OT technology (Operational Transformation) and naturally resolves conflicts in online/offline.
Total.Js is a yet another open-source Node.Js framework which is a fast, robust, and stable service for developing applications.
It offers ultimate flexibility which is one of the main benefits that developers enjoy while using Total.Js framework.
For IoT applications along with other web and desktop-based applications, this framework suits well.
* Total.Js is highly compatible with multiple database systems – MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL along several front-end systems- Angular, Ember, React.
* Total.Js offers a modular architecture which helps in image processing tool, simple mail transfer protocol (SMTP) system, and others.
* With Total.js framework you can Creating real-time responsive applications which is never been easier before.
* For build cost-effective, fully responsive applications you can use this framework.
* Total.Js does not need any help from grunting module to compress, which makes this framework simple and easy to put on work.
* It is suitable and efficient on development projects along with the NoSQL database is embedded on it.
Adonis is a popular NodeJs MVC framework which is suitable for writing scalable server-side web applications.
It is declared that AdonisJs runs on all major OS.
For writing different web applications s with a few lines of codes this framework is best. If secure development of the platform is your option, then this framework will suit most.
* AdonisJs framework offers a consistent ecosystem where developers can focus more on professional needs and avoid wasting time on choosing between different packages.
* ORM Technique is included that allows developers to explore and handle data easily from databases such as SQLite and Postgres.
* In Adonis, developers can quickly work on the existing applications to holds a set of standardized conventions.
* The MVC structure of Adonis is quite similar to Laravel.
* NestJs offers better typing reliability with components of FP, OOP, and FRP using typescript.
* NestJs offers a modular structure, and it arranges codes systematically in different modules making the use of external libraries easier and common with this framework.
* For building your backend with NestJs and AngularJs as your front end framework will be more comfortable.
* NestJs utilizes the features of Express.Js. Developers are offered with the seamless benefits of building highly scalable, loosely linked, testable, and easily manageable applications.
* It makes the integration process easier for a lot of unique features that are not always in the box using Nest CLI.
One of the highly-extensible API framework and used widely will be LoopBack. Modern applications often come with complex integration.
You can easily create dynamic REST APIs with a minimum or even no knowledge of coding.
* Allows you to create such APIs that can work with any kind of web client and can be easily bridged to backend data sources.
* LoopBack allows you to connect with several databases such as Oracle, SQL, and MongoDB.
* Permits developers to create SDKs and API Documentations with help of widget – API Explorer that comes in default with LoopBack.
* Because LoopBack provides a full-stack configuration, developers can easily inquire about their database from the client-side using direct filters.
* Provides a clean and modular structure of codes and easy to use.
* It has model-relation-support, third party login and storage service, API swagger, better user management policy, moreover they are built-in options in it.
* Socket.io works on ultra-speed by providing similar APIs to both the web-client side section and server-side section.
* EventEmitters in Socket.io allows developers to establish bi-directional communication between the web client and the server.
* Socket.io has been playing a significant role as a Node.Js, transferring the WebSockets into being more reliable and easy-to-access.
* Developers can feed readable streams to different browsers from the server using binary streaming options.
* When you are looking to use an option like auto-correction, anomaly detection, rendering JSON serializable objects, multiplexing, etc. in your application then use Socket.io framework.
* Additionally having a full Mean Stack, Mean.io also supports many other development tools – Babel, GraphQL, etc.
* Mean.io is a full development stack. Developers will not have to worry about additional components. Every component of this framework is programmed to be utilized together.
* Mean.io offers developers rapid and real-time changes to applications even if they are in development stages allowing developers to present demo versions of their applications to the clients easily.
An application that needs framework with lightweight and rich-featured then ActionHero might be the right one for them.
One of the light and fast Node.Js frameworks will be ActionHero framework.
Even that is best used for building reusable and progressive API services. It has many special features and is highly flexible for different types of clients to work with.
* ActionHero can be use for developing web clients, socket clients, and web socket clients such as HTTP, HTTPS, TLS, TCP.
* It offers developers to build background tasks, place them on several queues, and work with them later.
* Along with the help of the Redis-backed library, it powers the service system.
* One of the finest options on this framework will be a top-class cache system, decentralization of communication, and distribution of workers.
* For Games and applications which use both HTTP and Socket, ActionHero can be used.
* ActionHerocan be used in creating IoT applications also.
Restify is a well-known REST API framework of Node.Js. Developers are satisfied with their potential solutions for REST APIs for years.
The performance of the Restful framework is adjusted frequently for generating semantically accuracy in RESTful APIs.
* Restify is one of the earlier frameworks of Node.Js. It is exclusively developed for building scalable APIs.
* Developers can monitor and examine entire API frameworks with help of direct harmony with HTTP actions
* If you are working on a platform that is DTrace supportive, Restify will be of real use to you. Restify offers automatic support for DTrace.
* Restify maintains real-time data via Socket.io. It offers bi-directional communication to both web and client-side components. It also helps you to broadcast and store data.
* Restify lets you handle errors immediately and systematically. It hooks the errors that take place during development with the help of multiple error trapping functions.
Keystone.Js is a full-stack and open-source framework. Developed in Express.Js and MongoDB, this powerful framework is used for developing database-driven applications, websites, and APIs.
Because of its flexible, lightweight and extensible characteristics, most developers use it.
* This NodeJs Web framework offers a great Admin UI which users can easily manage. Moreover, any types of customization are welcome here.
* With the help of dynamic routes, you can easily create blocks for creating a database, and form processing.
* For developers, it will be easier for developing dynamic websites/applications/APIs with this framework.
* This framework offers integration with several online platforms such as Cloudinary, Mandrill, Embedly, and Google Places for easy handling of data.
* Regardless of the operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD Solaris), Keystone provides stable management to the overall progress in the development process.
* Keystone also provides support for other additional frameworks and apps such as JSP/ ASP.NET/ Silverlight applications, WPF, CXF, WCF, and others.
Every day the need for applications becomes more advanced in the digital world.
All the framework on this list has different features which are suitable for kinds of applications.
Node.js is leading the development of the advanced real-time application.
If you want you can learn any framework to develop your application or you can hire a Node.js developer from infinijith to develop your application. Our Node.js team is an expert in handling any situation.
If you thing to any other framework needs to be added to the list? Then comment about it below to discuss further.